So a lot of people ask me how does it differ from a regular bikini wax? Basically, with the Brazilian, hair is removed in the front, back and everything in between. Most of the time a “landing strip” is left in the front, but some clients opt for everything removed.
Time Required for experienced waxer : 15-30 minutes.
Here’s the waxing procedure:
1. Most #waxing occur in a private room with a door. You’ll be left alone to remove your pants and underwear and you’ll be asked to lie on a table with clean paper or sheets. It is possible that you may be provided with a towel to cover it or you can ask for one.
2. Because you only need about a quarter-inch of hair for the wax to grab onto, your waxer may trim pubic hair to the correct length. A general rule of thumb is that hair needs to be a quarter-inch if it’s fine, a half-inch if it’s coarse. You’ll be sent home if hair isn’t long enough.
3. The best waxers are fast, which means less discomfort for you. The waxer will dip a waxing stick into a pot of hot wax and then spread it onto your skin and hair. You might request a hard wax, which is thicker and is peeled off when cooled. It is less painful when compared the strip wax. The strip wax(soft wax) which is that she will pull the strip off, in the opposite direction of your hair growth, pulling the hairs out by the root.
4. Waxing usually starts in the front and moves toward the back. You may be asked to help hold skin taut. Each time, if the technician apply hard wax to smaller areas at a time, it will be much less painful than a big strip of wax.
5. Since the Brazilian means everything off, don’t be surprised when the technician removes the hair between the buttocks. Yes, for most people, hair grows there.
6. Once the waxing is complete, the waxer will #tweeze any stray hairs and she may trim the remaining #
7. The waxer will spread soothing oil over the waxed areas.
8. Don’t forget to get the name of the #waxer so when you make another appointment you can get the same person so you don’t have to bare all for another complete stranger (wink). Typically, you’ll need to wax every 4 weeks and the more you do it, the less painful it becomes.